Continuity of Care
When you switch health plans, you may be eligible to continue your care with your current doctors or medical groups. This is called Continuity of Care. You have 60 days after you are enrolled in this plan to request Continuity of Care.
Here is a list of conditions eligible for Continuity of Care:
- an acute condition;
- a serious chronic condition – up to twelve months;
- a pregnancy (including the duration of the pregnancy and immediate postpartum care);
- maternal mental health – up to 12 months from the diagnosis or from the end of the pregnancy;
- a newborn up to 36 months of age - up to 12 months;
- a terminal illness; or
- a surgery or other procedure that has been authorized and scheduled by your prior health plan as part of a documented course of treatment within 180 days of new plan effective date.
Continuity of Care Assistance Request Form